#Twitcept is Twitter + Concept.
Concept is a wonderful family/party board game from Repos Productions. Players place markers on a board full of icons as clues to a subject. It’s a bit like Pictionary using icons instead of drawing. It’s very fun, accessible, and (it turns out) great to play online.
The way we’re doing it is setting up a Concept board and tweeting a photo of it tagged with #TwitCept.
Anyone can play but either tweeting a #Twitcept or guessing on the ones shared.
- Question Mark (Green) = Thing to be solved
- Exclamation Marks (Blue, Black, Red, Yellow) = Key themes or subjects. Can be used to help break down hint groupings
- Cubes (Blue, Black, Red, Yellow, Green) = Hints. Colors are usually used to help group the info.
Complete rules: http://rprod.com/uploads/CONCEPT_RULES_EN.pdf
The PLAYER AID (that helps provide guidelines for the icons) is here: http://rprod.com/uploads/CONCEPT_PLAYERHELP_EN.pdf
This originally started with a few people on Twitter – namely Jason Paterson (@nakedmeeple) who was my original co-conspirator in GenCant!
- The Question Mark indicates we’re looking for a Toy/Game (in this case a game). The green cubes are indicating “multiple,” “cutting/fragmentation,” and “up.”
- The Red Exclamation Mark is indicating “fictional/mythological.” The red cubes are indicating “building,” “city,” and “battle/war.”
- The correct answer is: Smash Up. Other guesses could be Rampage or Rhino Hero etc.